Back to Top -->

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Why I hate Math Textbooks

If you are a student, I can almost guarantee that you hate to do math homework. Unless you are a nerd who loves math. In that case, lucky you! I wish I had enthusiasm and actually wanted to do my math homework. Instead, I dread doing anything that even involves coming anywhere near my Geometry textbook.


(Random Fact: Arithmophobia is the fear of math. 2+2=4!!!!!!)

As usual, my Geometry teacher gave my class homework from the textbook. When I counted the problems, I was happy to see that there were only about 15 problems to do. Remember, I am in geometry, so about 7 or 8 of those problems involved some kind of graphing, which I happen to despise. I hate graphing with a burning passion. However, in comparison to some of the homework I've been given, this was not a lot of homework at all. 

When I got home, I began to start my homework. The first 7 or 8 problems were no big deal, even if several of them involved graphing. I was so excited to see that I was almost done with my homework, until I got to some of the application questions. 






THERE WERE MULTIPLE PARTS TO EACH QUESTION! You have 32A, 32B, 32C, oh don't forget about 32D, etc. And then, each part asked you to do multiple things! Why are math textbooks always getting my hopes up for nothing! Yes! I only have three problems left! Oh wait, it's more like 12 because each question has an A, B, C, and D part to it. It's so frustrating! Book-makers, don't be lazy! Give those parts their own question please! If you are going to have me do three separate equations for a part of a question, give it its own question! Please!



Well said Peter, well said.


Do you hate homework or have a textbook that does this? Leave your thoughts in the comments below! I would love to know I am not the only person annoyed by this.

From my corner to yours,
Jennifer Whyskers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in other people's opinions, so leave your comments below! I try really hard to reply to every comment left for me so don't be afraid to let your thoughts run wild!

I just ask that you are kind and respectful and refrain from using harsh and cruel language. If you don't have something nice to say, you aren't thinking hard enough.

Thanks!
Jennifer Whyskers