Back to Top -->

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Braces... Suck

I recently just got my braces. Finally. It has been a long journey of teeth extractions, devices, and trips to my oral surgeon before I could finally get braces. Well, that day has finally come! Yaaaaaay...........

That was total sarcasm right there by the way.

My teeth are very, very, VERY sore at the moment. I can't eat anything unless it is super duper soft or ice cream. And I have it easy. I only need braces on the bottom, so you can't even tell I have them on. You can only see them if you pull down my lip. However, I also have a spring that is part of the wire that rubs against my lip and causes it to blister. It's very painful and the wax that they give you to soothe the rough edges won't stay on the spring, which means I have to use Orajel. That stuff ends up numbing my entire mouth, so I accidentally end up biting on my tongue. Not fun. Not fun at all.


I'm sure all of you people who have had braces on the top and the bottom think I should shut up and stop complaining about my sore bottom jaw. You would be right. Braces-wise, I have it easy. Except for the fact that I need a chain to pull up a tooth that isn't coming in. Oh, and I've already had oral surgery to remove teeth that were in my sinuses. So yeah. I have it easy.

Plus, mine will be on for most of high school, while most people are getting their braces off around now. I'm fortunate that mine are coming off before I go to college. If I go to college (which will most likely happen). Good thing you can't see them when I smile.

The only positive thing that has come out of me getting braces is that yesterday my lunch consisted of French fries and chocolate ice cream. Yum!

Oh and I got to miss a day of school. That is always exciting.

But I can't eat A THING!!!!! It's really frustrating because I love food. Food is my life. And now the thing that once brought me happiness now brings me pain. Not to mention the fact that I can't eat my favorite candy anymore. No skittles, no starburst, and no milky ways.

I can still eat Reese's peanut butter cups! >:(

From my corner to yours,

Jennifer Whyskers 





2 comments:

I am always interested in other people's opinions, so leave your comments below! I try really hard to reply to every comment left for me so don't be afraid to let your thoughts run wild!

I just ask that you are kind and respectful and refrain from using harsh and cruel language. If you don't have something nice to say, you aren't thinking hard enough.

Thanks!
Jennifer Whyskers