Back to Top -->

Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Puzzling Question #2

Then why is the world so complicated?

I'm writing this at 11:20 at night because why not?

Have you ever stopped and thought about how complicated life really is? Like just the fact that we exist is complicated, yet alone the fact that I am communicating to you via the internet. Nothing in life is simple. Like even something as simple as colors is actually very complicated. (Infrared and ultraviolet light, anyone?) Every aspect of our lives is filled with some of the most ingenious and confusing things the world has to offer. I have decided to list some of the things in this world that may seem simple but are actually very complicated, or just complicated to begin with. And my reasons for doing so are, should I say, complicated.


  • How humans came to be. Now I don't care what religion you believe in (actually I find religion fascinating) but no matter what your religion says is the cause for our existence, it's pretty complicated. Even if you believe we just showed up, how? Why? When? Complicated. If you believe some other force, like a god or goddess, created us, once again why did they? How did they? And if you believe in evolution, that is some complicated stuff right there.
  • As I said before, colors. Technically nothing is an actual color. It's the way we perceive the light bouncing off objects. Pretty cool, and pretty complicated.
  • Numbers. In fact, all of math. Like who came up with this stuff? How does it all work together? Why does it work? So many unanswered questions.
  • Language. WHO CAME UP WITH IT! If you ever find out, let me know. I'd like to speak with the creator of the English language and complain about the annoying grammar rules that are broken anyway.
  • Trees. Random, right? But the process of photosynthesis for a tree is highly complicated, and therefore deserves to make this list.
  • Science. Do I really need to explain this one?
  • The stars. Did you know, when you look at the stars, you are actually seeing light from hundreds of years ago? Complicated.
  • The dictionary. Who decided the definitions for everything? 
  • Planes. What kind of wizardry keeps them up in the air? Lots of engine power and complicated aerodynamics. And Harry Potter.
  • Speaking of Harry Potter, that's another complicated thing. Those books are so interwoven that J.K. Rowling had to have written the entire series in her head first.
  • The internet. What do you mean there's a giant satellite in space that connects me to the greatest resource of all time?
  • People's personality. No one is simple. Everyone has their own complicated thoughts, feelings, desires, likes, and dislikes. Just trying to comprehend it makes my brain hurt.
The point I'm trying to make here, or the question I'm trying to ask is, is anything ever simple? Can anything ever be simple? Just the composition of objects is complex. Combined with their actual functions? Forget about it.

So I guess Einstein meant that even when the world is as simple as possible, it's still complicated.

From my complicated corner to yours, 
Jennifer Whyskers

P.S. I used the word "complicated" 18 times. Including the complicated in quotes in the last sentence. Darn it! That's 19.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, some of these are pretty deep......I like the way you think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the way you think too! Just kidding I have no idea how you think. But I'm sure it's awesome!

      Delete

I am always interested in other people's opinions, so leave your comments below! I try really hard to reply to every comment left for me so don't be afraid to let your thoughts run wild!

I just ask that you are kind and respectful and refrain from using harsh and cruel language. If you don't have something nice to say, you aren't thinking hard enough.

Thanks!
Jennifer Whyskers